Although aging and reduced testosterone levels are normal for men, the associated problems can be tiresome and depressing. Low energy, unsatisfactory sexual performance and loss of muscle mass are the main culprits when it comes to a lack in confidence as a man. If you prefer to tackle Low T without too many man-made chemicals, Progene is a natural, Dual-Action supplement loaded with ingredients and formulated to increase testosterone.
With rare herbal extracts and scientifically proven precursors that enhance testosterone production, this product is a daily complex that is said to work on the physical and mental issues related to Low T. Read on to learn more about this supplement.
- Proven ingredients are included and listed
- Can help with the libido, sperm production and erectile dysfunction
- Some reviewers note an increase in energy, muscle mass and strength
- May boost the immune system, red blood cell production and cardiovascular health
- Can increase the growth of facial hair
- Long term results might only be achieved with continuous usage
- Highly priced
- DHEA is only available as a prescription in some countries
- Results are slow for some
- Has a proprietary blend so amounts are hard to assess
Some reviewers noted that their metabolism was enhanced with several stating that they felt more hyper than before taking Progene. A shortened arousal time has been reported but this supplement is said to take an average of 3 – 4 weeks before seeing any results, which can include:
- Improved circulation
- A boost to testosterone levels
- Improved erectile function
- Progene is also considered to increase the sex drive and to deliver “quality” erections
Does it Work?
That will depend greatly on how your body reacts to it, there are plenty of people who are pleased with the results, but there are also people who it doesn’t work great for. The good news is that if Progene doesn’t do the trick for you, we’ve reviewed countless other testosterone boosters and some of them have many happy customers. We always aim to avoid you avoid the poorer quality supps, so that you’re focusing on the ones that have the best chance of helping you.
There are a few warnings related to Progene, such as a specific one for athletes who compete in professional sports or the NCAA, advising not to use this product. This could be due to the addition of DHEA, which is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands and banned in professional as well as collegiate sports. Other side effects may include:
- Hair loss and alternatively – hair growth on the face
- Aggression and irritability
- Headaches, tremors and seizures
- Skin rashes
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
If you’re experience any negative side-effects, it is a good idea to stop taking it and to try to find a different option instead, or to see a doctor in the case of any more serious side-effects, or just in general if you’re having trouble with your testosterone levels.
This stuff has a long, long list of ingredients. The positive is that it’s almost like getting more than one supplement in one, since you can find different combinations of the following ingredients included in a number of competing products. On the other had, if you have any allergic reactions to any of these, it could mean you can’t take it at all.
- L-Arginine 1,000 mg – for increasing circulation and blood flow to the penis
- Eurycoma Longifolia 60 mg – increases testosterone, frees bound testosterone, boosts the libido
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) 50 mg – a precursor to testosterone that also boosts metabolism
- Guarana Seed extract 10 mg – enhances athletic performance and reduces fatigue
- Proprietary blend includes:
- Saw Palmetto Berry – protects against enlargement of the prostate, balances testosterone and increases libido
- Damiana – improves the sex drive and aids in depression and weight loss
- Sarsaparilla Root – enhances sexual endurance, guards against impotence and increases testosterone
- Jamaican Ginger Root – an antioxidant that also improves the sex drive and stamina
- Various types of Ginseng – boosts sexual endurance and the libido
- Oat Straw Extract – enhances energy and the libido, boosts and frees bound testosterone
- Stinging Nettle – an anti-inflammatory that also slows the progression of prostate cancer
- Lycopene – a natural aphrodisiac that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory actions
- Mucuna Pruriens Seed – stimulates the libido and increases testosterone, muscle mass and strength
- Withania Somnifera Root (Ashwagandha) – increases red blood cell count and sexual performance
- Tinospora Cordifolia Leaf – provides energy and pain relief while boosting recovery after working out
- Licorice Root – an antioxidant that boosts testosterone and helps regulate blood sugar
- Nutmeg – boosts energy and increases the libido
- Tribulus Terrestris – improves circulation, virility and increases testosterone production
- Eleuthero Root – increases stamina, restores vigor and general health
- Muira Puama extract – improves sexual potency, increases testosterone and erectile function
- If that list isn’t enough to make your head spin, Progene also contains Vitamins A, B6, B12, E, Zinc, Biotin, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Niacin and Pantothenic acid.
2 caplets per day are taken on a full stomach in the morning. Progene takes up to 4 weeks to kick in, with increases in energy and apparently more interest in sexual activity. The following 4 weeks is said to bring on a faster metabolism rate, shortened arousal time and improved focus. According to the website, you should reach optimal results by the 2 month mark. Do not take this product if you’re under 18 years of age.
Progene is packed with so many ingredients, most of them in a proprietary blend, making it difficult to ascertain what components are working. As always, check with your doctor first and remember that no supplement can work as effectively without proper diet and exercise.
Where to Buy
You can find Progene for sale at a number of supplement and health stores, and you can find it directly on Amazon, too.