Being muscular as a women has recently been critized by the masses, with folks commenting on Images and Pictures well known female fitness enthusiats as being to “Muscular”, “too Buff” and so on.
Well we’ve got news for you – Being fitness and having Muscles is Awesome – There is no reason to be ashmased of being a women and lifting heavy weights or having muscles that are clearly visible, as one of our more recent articles highlights.
We’re compiled a nice list to calm the fears of that many people have about women lifting weights.
1. Unless your Lifting massive amounts of weight day in, day out – Your not going to get HUGE.
Women that are clearly very muscular every light very, very heavy and/or have gone to extremes in order to look abnormally muscular – Most people will never have that problem, let alone women.
2. Generally speaking, the typical woman’s hormone levels (in particular Testosterone levels) don’t enable Muscle Development the same manner men’s do.
Unless there’s some abnormality in a women’s hormone levels or she is purposely trying to get Bulky, then the likeliness of it happening is low.
3. Lets not forget to mention that getting “muscular” requires a strict heavy weight lifiting regime with a subsequent meal and supplement plan.
As many male bodybuilders know, bulking up and gaining muscle takes a lot of work – in specifically in the meal department. Meal and Nutrition plans are at times overboard and many bodybuilders rarely eat enough to meet their goals.
4. Essentially you’ll be eating these on a Daily basis. Protein, Protein, Protein… and More Protein.
As we mentioned above, its a constant struggle for Men to eat enough when they’re bulking – imagine eating as much as a Guy if not more?
4. Nevertheless, as with every situation and human, we’re all different.
Everyone is Different – We have different Genetics, Hormone levels, Muscular Development, etc – So Yes, you can say that some girls are will gain more muscle faster than others. Genetics plays a huge role in the process.
6. Adjusting your strength training routines will help you get stronger without becoming more Muscular, if that’s your goal.
7. Furthermore, if you want to target certain areas on your body, you can further isolate workouts to certain muscle groups.
8. Having Muscles isn’t a “Bad thing”. Developing muscles is great for the body and will enable you to enjoy life that much more.
9. Plus, lifting weights will help you lose weight and tone your body up without the need for cardio. Don’t neglect your Diet and Meal Plan, that’s 90% of the Battle.